- 2014 Consultation
- Groups and Meetings
Great day at the Co Op with lots of Chemistry
- rubber egg (calcium shell dissolved in vinegar)
- making sorbet with a reaction of ice and salt
- making bread- fermentaion
- making lava lamps
- making slime
- making models of molecules with plasticine and also a running game making molecule models with our bodies (Water, Methane, hydrogen peroxide, carbon dioxide)
- testing for acids and bases with cabbage water
- making little pop rockets with film canisters and vitamin c tablets
We had a camera crew and reporter from the BBC with us yesterday! We had some friends over and did experiments with rockets (powered by air pressure). Big ones you stamp on and small ones fired from straws. Some crazy jumping on the trampoline too.
The children found the cameras and the experience very interesting.
We were too busy to get to making bread so we did that today- stars and knots and little hedgehogs.
Today we started a few experiments to have them ready for the N. Down Co-Op Chemistry event next week.
- started dissolving an egg shell with vinegar
- made a super saturated sugar solution and started some crystals
- weighed our hands using the water displacement method (just because we got to talking about how the level of the water went up as we added sugar)
- trialed the little pop rockets - two out of three failed twice but the ones that went really went high!